Wednesday, December 26, 2012

#8 Then Comes Baby in the Baby Carriage

I left off at January 2009. I had just moved in with my church youth group leaders.
I barely knew them when I moved in with them, so it was a teensy bit awkward. But I had no where else to go, they were really nice, and were willing to help me with the baby on the way.
That February I started dating their nephew, the guy friend who had set it all up for me to live with them. I was really excited. We had been... ahem... friends with benefits, for about a month or 2. He had been dating the same friend that my first boyfriend had been dating before I "arranged" the breakup. I arranged this guy to break up with the same friend. Why she ever stayed my friend when I had stolen two of her boyfriends is beyond me.
At first the relationship was great. He was really supportive of me being pregnant. He wanted to be involved. He went to my doctor's appointments, my ultrasounds, my parenting classes. He was in the room with me when I delivered my son. That was the first day he ever told me I love you. That lasted a whole 2 weeks after my son was born.
After that things got rough between us. An old girlfriend of his who was my high school rival started texting him. They started flirting. This opened the door to him starting to text, or rather sext, with a lot of other girls. He was 18 and started sexting with a 13 year old! Who was also a girl I couldn't stand. Yet I kept forgiving him. I didn't want to be alone.
His parents were great to me. They bought a new car and gave me their old one, and paid for a drivers course because I hadn't taken one in school. I got my license and a job on the same day. I immediately started saving up to get out on my own.
In August 2009 my boyfriend started attending the state university. There he met a girl in his chemistry class. They started sneaking around, having secret lunch dates, going to football games behind my back. I kept finding out and he kept saying it was nothing. And then he made the mistake of leaving his Facebook signed in on his laptop when he told me I could use it. I didn't trust him, so of course I snooped. And I uncovered things that I still wish I had never seen.
In October I moved out on my own, into my first apartment. It was a tiny little upstairs apartment in a large house where the downstairs was rented out for weddings and parties. But it was just for me and my son, and it was perfect.
Once I was out on my own and not living with his aunt and uncle, I guess my boyfriend felt more comfortable being a jerk to me, because he didn't have to worry about his family finding out anymore. He started degrading me, saying I was too stupid to go to college or ever make anything of myself. I was going to be a poor single mother working a dead end minimum wage job forever. He said I was a shitty mom who would never be able to provide for her child, and that he would grow up to hate me. That was my final straw. I dumped him, and signed up for college classes the next day.
I got into the local technical college with no problem. I got A's in all of my classes. They didn't offer the degree I wanted, which was a bachelor's in social work, but it was a start to get some of my core classes done.
Things were going great. I didn't have a boyfriend, but I didn't feel I needed one. I was content being alone, just me and Bubs. I had a job, although not a well-paying one. I was working at a local Sonic, skating. It was fun and I enjoyed it. I had a small group of great friends. Bubs' dad and I were getting alone most of the time for the sake of our son, and he had really stepped up and turned into a good dad. He would take him every other weekend and I got to enjoy being a teenager a few days out of the month.
And then once things were settling into a rhythm and really going good, something else came along to smack me in the face. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment